During the winter months in Liberty, MO, there are a few things you should do to keep you and your passengers safe on the road. Not only do you have to winterize your vehicle, but your car should be stocked with winter essentials. You should be prepared for the challenges that winter may bring, such as dead car batteries, frozen-over windshields, snow breakdowns, and more.
- In situations where you may be stuck or stranded, having items like a blanket, flashlight, batteries, water, non-perishable snacks, and a first aid kit can be convenient. They will make you more comfortable as you wait for roadside assistance.
- Furthermore, it would be best to keep winter clothing like hats, gloves, coats, etc., in the car to stay warm.
- Moreover, jumper cables would be great to have on hand as batteries tend to struggle to hold a charge in the winter.
- Kitty litter or sand can be very helpful as well - hear us out! These granular substances can help your tires gain traction if they're stuck in the snow.
- An ice scraper will also be useful on those cold mornings where you don’t want to wait forever for your defrosters to kick in.
- A bottle of windshield wiper fluid can be nice to have on hand, as you're going to be using your wipers a lot more.
- It also doesn't hurt to keep essential tools or a multi-tool just in case you have to dig around the hood.
Your vehicle may need to be winterized with winter tires, fresh new wiper blades, battery replacement, and more, depending on where you live. The cold, harsh winter weather can strike anytime, so you should stay prepared. If you need help preparing your vehicle for the cold, we invite you to bring your car, SUV, or truck to 515 Motorsport today.