All automobiles nowadays come equipped with shocks, struts, or a combination of both. Both shocks and struts make up your suspension system. Your car ride would feel unstable, uncomfortable, and unsafe without a functional suspension system. Your suspension also helps you attain better control and balance of your car when driving. You may be wondering what the signs of bad or worn suspension parts are.
Here are some of the warning signs of ineffective shocks and struts:
- You may experience excessive bouncing, rolling, and rocking when driving over road bumps, including potholes, railroad tracks, and speed bumps, requiring you to grab hold of your steering wheel.
- You may notice uneven wear on your tires due to worn suspension parts. Inefficient shocks and struts will prevent your tires from grasping the road.
- You may feelvibrations or shakiness from your steering wheel.
- Your vehicle might pull left or right when trying to drive straight.
- You may also notice leaks or a greasy appearance on or near the shocks and struts.
What Is the Bounce Test?
To confirm whether you need suspension repairs soon, you can try the bounce test. This is a full-proof test you can do at home to determine if your suspension is in good shape or not. All you have to do is push down on each corner of your car, SUV, or truck with your body weight. If the vehicle bounces more than twice before going back to its natural position, then it is a telling sign that your shocks and struts need replacing.
Suspension Repairs in Liberty, MO
You should get needed suspension repairs as soon as possible to prevent any dangerous incidents from happening on the road. Even if you do not see your vehicle exemplify these signs, you can ask your trusted mechanic at 515 Motorsport to inspect your shocks or struts at your next service. You can rely on our certified team for all your automotive needs. Simply give us a call at (816) 656-2733, visit, or schedule an appointment with us online today!